Ecuaciones de segundo grado en inglés
The standard form of a quadratic equation is
a, b are values and x is the variable.
The values of x which are the solutions of the equation are given by:
Number of solutions
There are other ways to resolve the quadratic equations, for instance by factorisation.
Equations of the type ax²+c=0
Equations of the type ax²+bx=0
Solutions x=0 and x=-b/a
Exercises about quadratic equations
1. Solve the following equations
2. The sum of a number and its square is 30. Find this number.
3. Given the formula d=gt²/2, used in physics, find the formula for t.
4. The hypotenuse of a right triangle is 10 meters. If one side is 2 meters longer than the other side, what is the lenght of the shorter side?.
5. The base of a rectangle is 3 metres longer than the height of a rectangle. Its area is 88m². What are the dimensions of the rectangle?.